The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / Olympic Games

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-was-getting-so-frustrated-with-the-swimming--21169913.aspx

Subject:  Re: Request in advance Date:  8/16/2004  3:13 PM
Author:  dcarper Number:  197 of 1738

I was getting so frustrated with the swimming / gymnastics back and forth yesterday.

I actually liked that. It let me watch what I wanted, but still get some stuff done (I'm in the process of moving, so packing takes priority over watching TV).
And I figure that there are a lot of people like me that like one of the events, but don't care so much for the other. I know that I ended up watching much more swimming than I usually do, because I kept watching after the gymnastics.

That graphic is pretty annoying. Like to know what's coming up, but it really gets in the way.

That said, I really like the idea that they are showing all the sports this year, even if it is hard to find. In the past, I've fenced (poorly), and played badminton (only slightly better), yet in 20 years, this is the first time I've been able to watch either in the Olympics, or for that matter, on TV at all. Also, the Table Tennis is fun, although I wish that they would not cut the camera angle just as the serve is being made; that's just annoying.

But overall, better coverage than in the past. I think they learned something from the fact that curling was so popular in the winter games (despite never showing a whole game, and only once or twice showing an entire end).

David
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us