The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / Vegetarian and Vegan Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hello-21202941.aspx

Subject:  Hello! Date:  8/23/2004  11:50 AM
Author:  alicemcd26 Number:  4251 of 5873

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am interested in becoming a vegetarian, but I'm really nervous about it! My DH is really supportive, and I don't mind if he eats meat, I just don't think it is for me anymore.

The main concern I have is that all my life, every meal has been centered around meat. I love tofu grains and beans, and I tend to pick around my meat when I eat. I'm just concerned as to how difficult it will be to learn how to cook all over again. I don't plan on giving up fish right away, but I dont' want it for dinner every night either. I might give it up one day, but baby steps, right?

I'm reading the FAQ's and they are really helpful. Is there are good starter cookbook for vegetarians? My DH will eat veg meals so long as they are high in protien since he lifts a lot of weights.

Where to begin!? I feel so clueless, but I really think this is going to be the right thing for me.

Thanks!
Alice
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us