The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / Olympic Games

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/they-also-managed-to-present-uninterruped-21205643.aspx

Subject:  Re: Amusing comment Date:  8/23/2004  6:39 PM
Author:  moonvine Number:  523 of 1785

They also managed to present uninterruped coverage of the men's triple jump. Of course, they only bothered to show the 3 medalists, and a total of 5 attempts, and to throw in a comment about how unusual the event is.

This is why I wish track had been on CNBC or MSNBC. I might have actually gotten to watch the Most Important Olympic Event in its entirety. Instead, I only got 5 jumps worth of it.

I saw that and thought about you and felt sympathy for you. I LOVE Equestrian (that's the sport I used to compete in a billion years ago) and they used to show about 30 seconds of it if the US had won a medal, and none if they hadn't. I wonder why they don't move the stuff they are not going to cover over entirely, instead of doing crummy half assed coverage on NBC. And in some cases I guess they have, as I saw a good deal of women's shotput on one of the cable channels. Maybe the next Olympiad you will be lucky and they will move triple jump over too.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us