The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/can-anybody-give-me-a-short-definition-of-what-21533201.aspx

Subject:  Re: Born-again Date:  11/1/2004  4:46 AM
Author:  c1ickfool Number:  627659 of 2312806

Can anybody give me a short definition of what born-again really means?
- Abe

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:3-5

Born-again Christians are known in England as Happy Clappers or God Botherers.
They have a shining look of certainty on their faces, smile inappropriately (as if recovering from general anaesthesia), can be seen in churches to wave their arms about ln a deeply embarrassing fashion and sometimes in church throw their heads back and babble inanely (they usually shout "Um=la-la-la" over and over again).
Of course they never sing old hymns, restricting themselves to new ones played on guitars, and to a rhythm that allows them to wave their arms about with their eyes closed.
They are to be avoided at all costs.

CF

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us