The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-do-not-know-how-else-you-can-explain-the-21533263.aspx

Subject:  Re: Who you going to blame this time............ Date:  11/1/2004  6:05 AM
Author:  JDCRex Number:  627678 of 2345402

I do not know how else you can explain the closeness of the election.

Like in all countries, the existence of huge chunks of the electorate who don't really know enough to care. These types vastly favour conservative parties, because they are the ones who mostly supply them with enough nastiness to satiate their collective desire to see those they blame for social ills kept in check. There are enough of these people to hold a very significant sway over the end result. Please note: I'm not saying that ALL people who vote for Bush are like this. Just an influential core of the ones who would be better classified as undecideds if they didn't have such natural inclinations to make choices based on things like sufficiently bombastic rhetoric about homosexuals.

In other words, the dumb, underinformed and aggressive keep leaders like George W. Bush in power.

What?

Do you want me to be politically correct about it?
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us