The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Interior Design/Decorating

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-wouldnt-worry-about-it-duvets-are-a-more-21633311.aspx

Subject:  Re: Duvet cover size? Date:  11/19/2004  3:47 PM
Author:  chewiekiki Number:  3956 of 4658

I wouldn't worry about it.

Duvets are a more casual look, and an inch or two isn't going to matter. Heck, I had a twin comforter in a full/queen duvet for a while and it wasn't particularly noticeable. An extra inch or two won't hurt.

One tip for getting the comforter into the duvet. I hope I can describe this.

Lay the comforter the right way on the bed. Lay the INSIDE OUT duvet on top of the comforter so the sides line up correctly. The stick your arms into the duvet and grab the corners on the far side. With your hands in the duvet, grab the coordinating corners of the comforter.

Keep a FRIM grip and shake/pull the duvet right side out over the comforter. Then button up the open end. Then I generally then go around the sides, grab the duvet and the edge of the comforter inside it, and give it a monster shake. That gets it laying out flat inside the duvet.

You can also buy snaps and attach them inside the duvet and to the corner of the comforter if you find that it doesn't stay put inside very well.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us