The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Interior Design/Decorating

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-saying-dont-worry-about-it-if-it-were-me-21633561.aspx

Subject:  Re: Duvet cover size? Date:  11/19/2004  4:30 PM
Author:  chewiekiki Number:  3958 of 4658

I'm saying don't worry about it. :) If it were me and I WAS going to worry about it, I'd buy a duvet an inch or two smaller than the comforter. A little extra filling is not a problem.

I know what you're describing and it sounds lovely. However, duvets generally don't have the same tailored look as comforters alone. If you are very concerned with it looking like it does in the picture, you might just want to reconsider the whole duvet concept. They don't lay as smooth on the bed, they get rumpled easier, and the comforter does tend to shift around inside them.

I think it will look fine if you can handle a slightly more casual look. For me, it doesn't matter because I rarely make the bed. When I do make the bed though, it never comes close to looking like the pictures.

BUT - duvets are nice because they can be taken off and washed easily. That's the selling point for me. I don't know how people sleep with comforters all the time that rarely get washed. I DID see a guy I know spray his with Febreeze and thought Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww......

Plus you don't need a top sheet because you're washing the duvet.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us