The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/eating-out-in-thailand-is-both-good-and-cheap-21715272.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retiring On Less Due to Injury or Unemployme Date:  12/7/2004  1:37 PM
Author:  preben Number:  804 of 1929

Eating out in Thailand is both good and cheap. Just to compare I had a Big Mac meal for About $2.25 there - so if had that 3 times a day (upsize this!) I would live for about $7.

I like the food courts too - reminds me a bit of the office cantine and they are even located in the more upscale shopping malls. For about $1 you would have a rice chicken/curry or similar.

Middle class restaurants and upper class restaurants are everywhere too, but I trust you focused on the more normal day spending.

Shopping for groceries is fairly priced but not a bargain if goes to the western super markets. Some things are expensive (imported specialities but also some more basic things like Kellogs Etc.) while others are cheaper than I am used to from my Scandinavien home country (2L Coke for $1).

Cheers! Ben
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us