The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/if-one-wants-to-simply-have-some-low-overhead-21725905.aspx

Subject:  Re: Euro savings? Date:  12/9/2004  4:23 AM
Author:  activeREinvestor Number:  11377 of 36651

If one wants to simply have some low-overhead Euro-denominated fixed income assets, what should one know before calling his/her discount broker. Are there ways to buy them on-line? I plan to checkout everbank.com - but are there other suggestions? any thoughts welcome.

I am confused by the question.

Do you really want regular income in Euros or are you saying you want to be invested in Euros as a way to hedge or speculate against the USD?

If it is the income are you expecting to take the income and spend it on a regular basis for something that is priced in Euros?

I travel a lot and bank across boards for normal expenses, etc. I was just wondering as to your intent as logistically moving small amounts around on a regulars basis can be complicated unless you expect to have a bank account, check book, debit card, etc. If that is really what you are thinking then you may need to think beyond a discount broker. Who you use can define the investment options open to you through them.

John
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us