The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s


Subject:  Re: Traditional IRA rollover to Roth IRA Date:  12/9/2004  11:27 AM
Author:  Fuskie Number:  18171 of 26351

You probably need to talk with a tax advisor to get "creative" with your tax return. Obviously you can make charitable contributions, buy a hybrid, have kids, hide your money in the Cayman Islands. With your high AGI, are you sure you are prepared for the tax burden? Your roll-over would not count towards your 2005 contribution.

You might visit these tax-related boards for additional ideas:

Who would want to make sure you are planning on living off more than $100k in retirement...
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us