The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-betty-my-questions-had-to-do-with-my-possible-22077397.aspx

Subject:  Re: AmEx products Date:  2/16/2005  10:49 AM
Author:  2old4bs Number:  44657 of 97951

Hi Betty,

My questions had to do with my possible misinterpretation of information provided me by the new advisor, so I was seeking clarification.

I had one of those 'free' meetings with an Amex advisor several years back. As you mentioned, it was very difficult to get info from them. I practically had to nail her to the wall to get her to admit that the only funds they would recommend were load funds. At first she wanted me to believe that my $150/year was 'paying' for her services--sheesh.

I can't help you with the current fund offerings. I agree with other posters that there are far less costly ways to manage a portfolio. A fee-only advisor could probably help you adjust/move your current portfolio to a relatively simple one (if desired). After that, armed with a basic asset allocation strategy, you could probably rebalance it yourself each year.

Just a thought,

2old

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us