The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Align Technology, Inc.

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/patient-perspective-i-am-50-and-got-my-first-set-22096217.aspx

Subject:  Re: An Oral Surgeons point of view. Date:  2/19/2005  11:17 PM
Author:  browneyedgal Number:  32 of 66

Patient perspective:
I am 50 and got my first set of aligners this week. Jaw problems led me to bite correction and Invisalign was offerred as possible way to correct my bite.

Price was $600 more than traditional braces. Time frame was the same.
I can't imaging doing anything other than Invisalign. I travel and this treatment fits that life.

Getting used to taking them out to eat is the strangest part of the protocol, but is not that difficult to get used to. I think I would have chosen them even with the price 1K higher - but it seems that the price should be lower because fewer office visits are needed.

I think this company has a good road ahead of them. The lawsuit they just files against the co-founder who is stealing their employees is a good move. The non-compete contract was clearly violated and Align looks to have a sound argument in court.

Once that is settled, the price will go up. Great time to buy. Wish I knew why the Fool shows a frowny face for this company.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us