The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks S / Sirius XM Radio

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotjust-a-few-questions-without-doing-some-22100384.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tulips for sale † Date:  2/21/2005  11:07 AM
Author:  aheatpro Number:  4060 of 10889

"...Just a few questions. Without doing some math, how do you come to a rational price for SIRI? Without looking at those analyst's figures from different angles, how does one find the "right one"? Without looking for flaws, can one find perfection?..."

I'm not really seeking any rational price or perfection, as I'm not trying to "time the market," or SIRI for that mattter. I really don't care much about "analysts." I'm more interested in what real people are buying and the buzz they genernate about the products they love. I've owned both SIRI and XMSR. In the long run, I decided SIRI is going to come out on top. Again, notice I said in the long run...In the menatime, I really don't cocern myself with buzz about insider trades, HS, or anything else. I fully understand this is a volatile stock, and that's OK. When I bought Apple months ago, I didn't listen to all of the negatives. I listened to the fact that I, as a dedicated PC guy, decided to make the switch from Pc to Mac and dropped $4K+ on Apple computers and iPods. My stock purchase was based on the potential for other diehard PC guys to follow my path over time. The iPod draws you in, and the PowerBooks take over from there. The point is, I'm into a few "rule breakers" every now and then. I buy what I know, and it has worked well for me thus far.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us