The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/zim14-not-sure-if-it-was-intentional-but-your-22199550.aspx

Subject:  Re: Religionists miss the scale of things Date:  3/13/2005  12:04 PM
Author:  LorenCobb Number:  143646 of 516496

zim14: Not sure if it was intentional, but your website is below your signature. I took a look. You do good work, my man! If you don't mind, I might want to email you about some stuff in the Spring. May need to pick your brain.

It was intentional. I don't have a lot of patience with the anonymity of discussion boards. I prefer to know at least a little about who I am addressing, and that they know something about me. A lot of the sharp words and intemperate ideas expressed on these boards are made possible by the freedom from personal responsibility that anonymity conveys.

In any event, the anonymity is gossamer thin. Many handles can be traced back to their owners with minimum effort, using common internet tools -- I do this from time to time for the sheer sport of it -- and any government agency can subpeona the information if they really want it.

By all means, email me anytime, on any subject.

Loren
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us