The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Roth limits Date:  3/15/2005  11:28 AM
Author:  IndecisiveFool Number:  45101 of 96115

Personally, with dividends and long-term capital gains at a lower tax rate, I'd pull the contributions out (which you can always do without tax consequence) and invest in a taxable account

I would point out that you confirm that you indeed do exceed the income limits on the Roth IRA. If you pull the contribution out today and you find out that your MAGI really didn't exceed it when you do your 2005 tax return, you can't say oops and try to put the contribution back in.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us