The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: I blew it Date:  3/17/2005  1:01 PM
Author:  wcfenton Number:  45158 of 96962

OK, so I don't want to pay the government, but I sure don't expect to get back more than I'm allowed.

See, my daughter trusted me to e-file her taxes. Great, I got a college degree (I'm smart enough to let my accountant do MY taxes).Anyway, I went and claimed the deduction allowed for a regular IRA. Trouble is, she has a Roth.

Now I have to file an amended return.

Downloaded a 1040x. It's staring me back from my desk. Can I find where to fix this screw-up on this form? No way. College degree ain't helping here.

Got any advice? Or do I need to bring my accountant in on this one?

Heaven forbid.I don't want to blow it twice...


Have you thought about buying a Tax-Software Program like Turbo Tax? I use it every year and think a great deal of it.

Good luck...


Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us