The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/multiple-questions-answer-any-or-all-please-22241146.aspx

Subject:  Multiple questions: answer any or all please Date:  3/21/2005  6:49 PM
Author:  DoubleJ52 Number:  45217 of 99227

Question 1:
My wife works for the state and has been contributing to her retirement plan. The state only gives 25 bucks toward her retirement plan each month no matter what so I figure we should move her retirement plan over to a Roth IRA at a discount broker since we are in such a low tax bracket right now anyway and I would much rather choose my investment from whatever I want rather than have to select from their few choices of mutual funds. Is this a good idea or is there something I am not taking into consideration?

Question 2:
My dad set me up a SIMPLE retirement account a few years back at a full service broker that is bringing in meager gains. I feel ready to manage my own account and want to move it into a discount broker Roth IRA. Are there any penalties in making this move? Things I should be aware of?

Question 3:
Can me and my wife both contribute our annual max allowance into one IRA account or do we have to have separate IRA's?
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us