The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks S / Sirius XM Radio

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/why-xm-over-siri-22260639.aspx

Subject:  why xm over siri Date:  3/25/2005  2:01 AM
Author:  OverflowingX Number:  4401 of 10889

i bought xm over siri because of shares outstanding which is now 1.3 b v. 210 m. i bought after siri converted all their debt to stock and issued 900 million shares. that was a big hoot at the office as we watched both stocks closely at the time. xm was around 5 something too. the year was 2002. it started to rise to over 9 and i got in at that point. first time i ever had bought high risk. got in again at 12.50. watched it fly to 20 then drop like a rock to 2 something. but i held and should have bought more but had no cash. i have held and not tried to play the ebb and flows the highs and lows. i intended on holding a year for tax purposes and getting my investment back when it doubled. by sept of 2004, i got it back at three times and still have the 12.50 buy. so.... i am doing ok. i must admit, if i knew the way this stock moved i could have made an extreme killing buying and selling and buying back and selling. however, that goes without saying... uh... which i just did.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us