The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Rollover question Date:  4/29/2005  10:51 AM
Author:  lifeloverwg Number:  79025 of 128101

My wife has a 401k from her previous long term employer that we are getting ready to transfer to our Vanguard rollover IRA which we set up previously when she took the cashout from her pension plan. There is a small amount ($1700) of after tax contributions in the 401k that we would like to seperate out so as to not have to keep track of it as it grows. I am wondering if we could transfer it into her Roth IRA instead of the rollover or other options to simplify future tax issues? Anybody have any experience with this situation?

Thanks, Winston.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us