The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Living, Coping, Improving / Fools Against Depression

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/greetings-jbeauty-i-wish-i-had-gotten-coherent-22484600.aspx

Subject:  Re: Absolutely FED UP Date:  5/13/2005  2:07 PM
Author:  NotMaggie Number:  11600 of 15022

Greetings JBeauty,

I wish I had gotten coherent advice like Smurfette's years ago, but it's a fabulous summary. Following the entire thread and notably her advice, I'm glad you were able to do what is admittedly in my opinion the only sane and healthy thing to do: leave. Also impressed that somebody mentioned Melodie Beatty's (sp?) book, Codependent No More in that list; there's no doubt in my mind that I was a codependent for years and only beginning to get out of it now.

Wondering if we should start an ex-partners of financial nightmares forum. *grins*

CID, no one can ultimately tell you what is right or wrong to do and you have to follow your own mind and heart. It's not easy by any means and either way there's little doubt in my mind that it is going to be rough going no matter what. I hope that you will survive mentally and fiscally intact, no matter what. It's not easy.

Meg

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us