The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Living, Coping, Improving / Fools Against Depression

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ive-been-lurking-in-the-corner-listening-to-what-22485976.aspx

Subject:  Re: Absolutely FED UP Date:  5/13/2005  5:46 PM
Author:  wit10 Number:  11602 of 15022

I've been lurking in the corner, listening to what everyone else was saying, Now I want to throw my 2 cents in.

I think that you know what you need to do, but in your heart you are still not sure.

You say I want to save the relationship and that you are going to take the necessary steps to do so. I have two questions for you: (1)Why do you want to save the relationship? and (2)Is he also willing to take the necessary steps to save the relationship?

He's been cleaning and doing things when I ask him (when I'm working) and leaves me lovely and cute notes all the time. I laugh when I read them and melt when he comes home.

He makes you feel good, which is important. But in the long run, do you share the same values? Will he still be able to make you feel good in twenty years? And the financial issues are a huge hurdle. I don't see how the two of you can survive in a long-term relationship when you are so far apart on this.

I wish you well. You've got a lot to deal with.

Peg

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us