The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Living, Coping, Improving / Fools Against Depression

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-new-to-this-part-ii-22572102.aspx

Subject:  I'm new to this part II Date:  6/3/2005  1:34 PM
Author:  Mattg141 Number:  11702 of 15022

Went to the doctor last week. I brought a "journal" of the symtptoms and thoughts I was having. Writing down what I was thinking and feeling each day helped to pinpoint some key symptoms. I was feeling better at the doctor so without the journal I would have sugar coated some of the symptoms.

He started me on WellbutrinXL 150 and now, 7 days later, I started taking the 300's. Initially on the 150's I felt great. I was relaxed, content, and just at ease. No anxiety, depression, or ill thoughts. Then I fell back into depresive thoughs and the symptoms came back. It was like a tease at how I may feel later. My next visit is in a week. I will have been on the full dose for 2 weeks so hopefully they will be some noticable change (for the better).

Now I am at a point where I want to tell some close friends and my family. Any suggestions on how to do that? I am not very comforting, or normally emotional. However, after talking to some friends, they have noticed a change so they think something is up.

Thanks for your help!
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us