The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Align Technology, Inc.

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/satisfied-user-22637615.aspx

Subject:  Satisfied user Date:  6/17/2005  8:10 PM
Author:  diannegallo Number:  39 of 66

I have just completed a year of invisilign--my daughter-in-law is midway through her treatment. Now here's what I have to add to these discussions: Invisilign opens a whole new market--the vanity market.

I'm in my sixties. I would never have worn wires. But as I age, teeth begin to jumble up. I had a tooth extracted to make room for the others and now (with whitening) my teeth look better than they did 30 years ago. Daughter-in-law (in her 40's) has job where wearing braces (she felt) just wouldn't look right. I thought her teeth looked fine, but she had been displeased with her teeth forever.

So while the process might not replace wires for youngsters (yet), there are a bunch of older people with plenty of money for face-lifts, botox, and tummy tucks, teeth whitening and invisilign straightening. I bought a year ago at about $14. But I'm holding. I understand their strategy is to get training into dental schools and launch a big branding effort.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us