The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Form 4562 Date:  7/7/2005  7:23 PM
Author:  Bob78164 Number:  79927 of 132875

JackieChanofChic writes:

15% comes from the tax book I thumbed through at Borders.

I reply:

Let me speak plainly here. You're trying to do this on the cheap. There's a time and place where that's appropriate. Your situation is not that time or that place. There's too much at stake and it's too easy to make a mistake that will be either expensive or impossible to fix.

Hire a professional. It's clear that doing so will cost you some money up front. It's equally clear that not doing so will end up costing you a lot more down the road. You've done all the appropriate legwork necessary to make the experience as inexpensive as possible. But trying to do this on your own (at least the first time) will prove to be a false economy.

Hire a professional. Now. --Bob
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us