The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Hidden Gems / HGS: CNS

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/oh-man-hyperventilating-someone-give-sell-me-22834087.aspx

Subject:  Re: Sudden 8.5% drop today Date:  8/2/2005  8:45 PM
Author:  Runs26point2 Number:  595 of 766

Oh man, hyperventilating. Someone give (sell?) me a nasal strip. Maybe stock price flew too high too fast. PE high 20's nearing 30. Company predicting 10-15% growth rate (from cns.com investor relations). No apparent reason to expect that cns won't easily meet or beat analyst quarterly projection of 0.17, and on the way to Marti's projection of 0.97-1.01 for fiscal 06.
From today's release: "Due to the company's strong financial position, we are pleased to continue to reward our shareholders with a quarterly dividend, as well as announce an increase in our stock repurchase program," said Marti Morfitt, president and chief executive officer of CNS. "These actions reflect the board's confidence in the company's long-term prospects."
I just wonder how much better than projections they will have to be to justify the stocks continued rate of climb.
This is a solid company that focuses on high margin simple, practical, useful, approachable items.
Going long long long and wishing that I bought more when I decided that I bought too much down in the low teens only a few months ago(and wondering if maybe just to cash out just a little bit.... but I just cant seem to push that sell button).
-D

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us