The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/are-stocks-handled-similarly-individual-vs-llc-22845798.aspx

Subject:  Are stocks handled similarly (Individual vs LLC) Date:  8/5/2005  1:40 AM
Author:  musclecardad Number:  80262 of 131768

Hey folks, I have a portfolio of stocks in a personal eTrade account (my own name). And I also own an LLC that is authorized to use eTrade brokerage for securies trading, capital growth.

I know that I can transact trades in the Business LLC just like I do in the personal account. I also know to keep them 100% separate for liability purposes.

I'm assuming (and you know what that means!) that taxes on profits, and credits for losses, are pretty much handled the same since my LLC is a pass-thru sole owner charter.

Does anyone have any direct experience with this, or know of a good resource where I can do some additional research? I want to run a sizeable portfolio in the LLC account - but not if the taxes are overly complicated or end up costing me money.

Mike M

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us