The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/breaking-the-credit-card-cycle-23172550.aspx

Subject:  Breaking The Credit Card Cycle Date:  10/16/2005  5:48 PM
Author:  Milligram46 Number:  212661 of 313083

In my kitchen is a pile of papers on top of the microwave. The pile grows and about every 2 to 3 months it get a special shredding treatment and is distributed among three different trash cans in three different location. This special pile is for new credit card offers, existing credit card offers, auto loan offers, home loan offers, etc. etc. etc. The volume of materials I get is quite staggering.

So yesterday as the pile had grown to several inches I went through them to prepare them for shredding and discovered in the pile was a number of my existing credit cards - cards sent in the mail because my current ones had expired, shiny new cards with fresh new expiration dates on them.

So that got me to thinking as I discovered I had FIVE credit cards in the pile waiting to be activated. Of the pieces of plastic living in my wallet, only ONE was not expired (debit card not inlcuded). I didn't even know. Some have been expired for months. I think I've finally broken the back of this monster.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us