The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Mutual Funds

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/wow-that-plan-looks-really-familiar-even-down-to-23383171.aspx

Subject:  Re: choose funds for 401k - help needed Date:  12/5/2005  9:43 AM
Author:  valuefanRLA Number:  13549 of 18062

Wow, that plan looks really familiar, even down to the 3 Victory funds and the Institutional Index Inst. Plus fund. I bet I know who you work for. :-)

I know I'm assuming a lot, but I'll bet that Vanguard provides a link to financial engines software for your plan. I'm pretty sure that Financial Engines is not associated with Vanguard, so it may provide a bit more objective feedback. Also, you can tweak it with different assumptions, including your risk style, retirement horizon, etc. However, as Littlechap mentions, take everything with a grain of salt, because it is hard to say if the information you see on the internet is truly objective.

I would also say that you need to determine what you are willing to do, as far as your own research. I love this stuff, so it's an easy question for me. But do you? If you don't, and you're not interested in doing the research, I'd probably recommend that you look at index funds.

Good luck
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us