The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / Olympic Games

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/oh-she-totally-did-out-technical-sasha-but-their-23391579.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: US Ladies' Figure Skating 3rd Spot Date:  12/6/2005  6:20 PM
Author:  QASteph Number:  826 of 1752

Oh she totally did out technical Sasha. But their artistic / program component scores were only different by 3 or 4 points. Which is just wrong.

Another thing I am sort of scared of is that they are giving Sahsa's spiral sequence a lower difficulty level because it doesn't have a Biellmann position in it. Which might be the case when some skaters do the positions Sasha does, but she does them so well (hitting a full split on most) that they are easily as difficult as a Biellmann. The new system might push *everyone* into hitting the "hard" positions adequately rather than learning how to do other positions really well. And that would be sad.

Can I also just say how much I am not looking forward to going through the whole new scoring system thing in gymnastics?
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us