The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Real Estate Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/give-me-a-jingle-if-you-want-to-discuss-the-23464856.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Real Estate: "balanced" or s Date:  12/22/2005  5:45 PM
Author:  inparadise Number:  7391 of 14302

Give me a jingle if you want to discuss the islands in particular. Off the top of my head, I'd say don't miss St. John or Virgin Gorda, but our exploration was far from all inclusive. St. Croix is wonderful as well, but quite a sail away from the rest of the pack and thus probably not worth it for a week or two trip.

Personally, I'm not a fan of St. Thomas, though it's quite the tourist trap. Then again, I'm not much of a shopper, which IMO is what the island is known for. I confess to be biased against large crowds due to cruise ships, however, and prefer my beaches empty. If your wife is not all that high on living on a boat, perhaps spend a week in a villa first/last. Check out www.vrbo.com for rentals. There is nothing quite like an ocean view and a private pool. May is my favorite time of year there, with late April/early June a close second. Take hurricane season very seriously.

IP,
detesting mingling with the unwashed public, but refusing to pay too much of a premium for my luxury of seclusion
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us