The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/would-anyone-care-to-share-your-23486662.aspx

Subject:  Re: Next vehicle? Date:  12/29/2005  8:24 PM
Author:  peplow Number:  45863 of 74572

Would anyone care to share your thoughts,.............................

While I'm not sure what "it is quirky and expensive to maintain." means* or where you heard this, I'll pass on a bit of trivia.

UPS runs more vehicles on the road than any other single organization in the world, I'm guessing that you could do way worse than buy something that they would buy.

Shortly after the Sprinter first came out, I noticed that UPS (the parcel guys) picked one up presumably to see how they would like it. The other week I was driving by a local Chrysler dealer where there were 10-15 UPS Sprinters on the lot, so I can assume that UPS thinks that they will run for a long time, save them a ton of fuel and not break the maintainance budget.

Unless there is a seriously premium price to buy one over a GM or Ford diesel van, I think I'd go with the Chrysler/Freightliner/M-B Sprinter.

Pete

*diesel should mean change the oil, oil air and fuel filters and that's about all the engine needs
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us