The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / Sex and Relationships

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/really-it-was-directed-at-me-it-was-a-reply-to-23620317.aspx

Subject:  Re: EVERYONE! Date:  1/27/2006  3:45 PM
Author:  feleck Number:  54844 of 65695

Really? It was directed at me.

It was a reply to a post about you(perhaps from you, I don't recall what she quoted), that doesn't neccessarily make it about you.

Noe, her subsequent post certainly makes it appear that she was taking a swope at you.

But you could of just as easily treated it as not being a swipe against you and laughed along with the imagery.

I find this to be one of the most effective ways of dealing with snide insults, as the person doing the insulting than either has to explain they are being insulting and comes across as a crass fool, or they have to pretend to go along with your interpretation which leaves them just looking like a fool. And of course, every now and then you run across someone who really is NOT being insulting, in which case you don't end up kicking yourself for misinterpetting their comments and blowing up at them.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us