The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Relationships / Sex and Relationships

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/thank-you-donna-im-sorry-if-i-got-snarky-im-23620490.aspx

Subject:  Re: EVERYONE! Date:  1/27/2006  4:10 PM
Author:  malibu114 Number:  54848 of 65695

Thank you Donna. I'm sorry if I got snarky. I'm trying really hard not to care.

You know full well that I get along with them, it's not something I hide, yet even when I was frustrated the other day, I didn't join in with them...at least not to the same level. I don't deny I that I didn't express my frustration, but I think you'd be very hardpressed to find a post where I actually said anything in the same vein that has been going around. I also haven't said anything to them about laying off because I really feel it does no good when people have their minds already made up. I just choose to not be a part of it. They are not the people you should be wasting time thinking about.

As for my part here, I was angry, but not because you are stupid or an idiot like you believe people see you, but because I was offended with the flip "it doesn't matter/doesn't apply" comment. It comes across as dismissive. How you choose to live your life is your business and no one should jugde, but you have to realize that when you post in a public forum you will get responses from the people you talk to. Not everythig is going to be what you want to hear, just like IRL. Just like you can be hurt or offended, so to can the rest of us.

Anyway, I didn't mean to go over all this again. All I wanted to say was, don't let them get to you.

Donna
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us