The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/we-were-going-to-take-a-test-drive-this-weekend-23630048.aspx

Subject:  Re: Questions about purchasing a used vehicle Date:  1/30/2006  11:34 AM
Author:  mz00m Number:  46625 of 73760

We were going to take a test drive this weekend, but the form the salesman brought back for us to sign required that we have both collision and liability insurance.

That's the first time I've ever heard of someone being asked for any proof of insurance when going for a test-drive. I go on test-drives all the time and neither my wife or I have ever been asked to sign anything or show any proof of insurance. We just give them a copy of one of our driver's licenses and away we go!

We live in PA, so I'm guessing our laws put the dealers insurance as the primary insurer.

What if you didn't have a car and wanted to buy a car that day? Would they require you to have insurance to test-drive it? That would seem awfully counter-productive.

mz00m
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us