The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Cars and Drivers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-may-race-again-soon-23688784.aspx

Subject:  I May Race Again Soon... Date:  2/10/2006  5:30 PM
Author:  PeterAK Number:  7126 of 11896

I just got off the phone with a car dealer who my family has bought several cars from over the last decade. I've been waffling as to whether or not I want to sell my truck and ski boat in favor of a car I can get back into autocrossing with. I've had a thing for the Lexus IS300 since they came out in '01, but my fun money has been tied up in other internal combustion toys. After a few summers of lots of time on the boat, I think it may be time to make the move. I've researched this car and e-mailed with autocrossers, and it looks like this car is a competatively classed (though the new ZHP BMW may edge it out) for stock class. It will be an awesome daily driver, and selling my Yukon and boat will just about pay for the Lexus, not to mention pleasing all of the SUV haters over on LBYM... So, I think it's official. My guy is going to talk to his Lexus contacts and watch auctions for me. I will only go for a 5 speed with limited slip diff, so it may take a while to find the right one.

Guess I better bring lunch to work to save my money for race tires!

PAK--car nut
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us