The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / Olympic Games

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/good-article-selena-the-british-skaters-mentioned-23693470.aspx

Subject:  Re: ruthless supression of individuality? Date:  2/12/2006  9:26 AM
Author:  JavaTraveler Number:  896 of 1785

Good article Selena. The British skaters mentioned were true skating geniuses, and I loved watching them.

Skating generates love/hate feelings with people. Many of us love figure skating(I am in that crowd). I understand it is a subjective sport, and while that aspect bothers me, I still marvel at what these people can do on ice. Others feel skating is not a sport, and needs to be booted out of the games. I am not going to argue that.

What I will say is that I wish there was a better way to judge the artistry of the skating. But it comes down to taste, and sad to say politics.

I was confused watching the scoring last night. I had no idea what a good score was, except that higher is better. I wish NBC or Dick Button could have given us a clear description of the scoring. Personally I miss the old marks.

Charlie
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us