The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-wife-and-i-have-discussed-this-the-questions-i-23718974.aspx

Subject:  Re: Who to start a Roth IRA with? Date:  2/17/2006  9:29 AM
Author:  sellerjd Number:  50006 of 104270

My wife and I have discussed this, the questions I ask are her's as well. We'll be together forever and starting a family soon, so we both agree to get money invested for the long run, in whatever means makes the most sense. Meaning either one Roth IRA or two. I guess we are leaning towards opening one Roth IRA, putting in $4000 initially for 2005 and then making monthly payments towards 2006. From what I've heard here and others outside of this discussion board, it sounds like Scottrade would be a good way to go and then investing our money in a combination of Mutual Funds, ETFs or stocks. All depending on cost distribution etc.

Does that sound like a mistake to anyone? Is there anything with Scottrade that I should be aware of that may not be obvious?

I hope to get this account setup today, but will wait for feedback before making any decisions.

Thanks again, my wife and I really appreciate all of your info!
-Jay
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us