The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/allocations-at-trowe-price-23720483.aspx

Subject:  Allocations at TRowe Price Date:  2/17/2006  1:05 PM
Author:  Cocomartinez Number:  50018 of 107852

My 401 K is handled by T Rowe Price. I've posted before on my bearish outlook, and having just readjusted my contributions, I thought I'd run it past the board.

A little context - I'll be leaving the country this summer and no longer contributing to the 401K. Though I have every intention of opening another retirement fund, my income is likely to be less than half of what I'm making now. I have approximately 20 years until retirement. I worry about the dollar devaluing and a long term recession here for the next few years. I have approximately $100,000 saved so far, with $60,000 in this 401K.

The current distribution is as follows: Artisan Int'l (ARTIX) 20%, Balanced Fund (RPBAX) 30%, Equity Income (PRFDX) 20% and Spectrun Income (RPSIX) 30%.

There is no money market/CD option in my plan. (Yes, I'm even thinking about cashing out for a year or so - how bad do you think that could be?) I'll probably be posting further about my other funds.

Thanks!!
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us