The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Real Estate Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/is-it-possible-you-needed-a-better-divorce-23727374.aspx

Subject:  Re: GA Deal I'm working... Date:  2/19/2006  11:12 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  7614 of 14302

Is it possible you needed a better divorce lawyer?

Only if my goal had been to go for the juggular. I'm quite sure I could have screwed him big time had I been that kind of person. Instead I put together two property packages and told him to pick one and I would take the other. He originally chose the fixer upper, destabilized it's marketability further by tearing down walls and ripping out ceilings, pulling the double hung windows apart and taking the leaded glass out, then deciding he wanted the other package after all. IMO it was more of a ploy to try to get me to say Oh no, little old me can't handle that I need you so badly, but he underestimated just how much I wanted out. I just said fine and got on with my life, which has worked out wonderfully thank you.

Call it my price for freedom...worth ever cent and every drop of sweat. On top of that, I can live with myself for the way I conducted my business.

InParadise,
big believer of what comes around goes around, even if it takes a while
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us