The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-found-the-fathering-tips-characterization-to-23737227.aspx

Subject:  Re: On SeattlePioneer Date:  2/21/2006  4:16 PM
Author:  SixFootSevenFool Number:  1062 of 40243

I found the 'fathering tips' characterization to be extremely appropos.

If I had to reduce it to one sentence, it would be this: SP has lived his whole life not doing things if he wasn't prepared for the possible consequences.

I wouldn't argue that. I don't think anyone here would argue that. The comment was about SP's fathering tips.

"Unfortunately, it's a mistake to invest too much emotionally in children. Instead, men should be prepared to have their children removed from their company, care and custody with little or no notice if their wife decides that's what she wants to do today."

This is a fathering tip, no?

It's very apparent that SP only takes risks (to a fault, one could argue) if he's prepared for the consequences. But I'd bet you if Douchenozzle *did* approach SP for some fathering tips, SP would not be spewing rainbows and lollipops. He would be giving the "don't hug your kid or show any love or get emotionally attached" type of advice.

Again, no one is arguing SP's willingness to accept responsibility.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us