The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Paying Back Student Loans

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/heylets-have-a-contest-on-who-has-the-biggest-23742847.aspx

Subject:  Re: Insurmountable Student Loan---help! Date:  2/22/2006  6:20 PM
Author:  LadyIanna Number:  4115 of 4854

Hey...lets have a contest on who has the biggest loan. Okay...maybe not.

Maybe we should start our own board: How to owe the government more money than you'll ever make in 3 lifetimes.

I've seriously considered calling a bankruptcy lawyer about my student loan. As I understand it under certain circumstances you can have it discharged under bankruptcy. I looked it up at some point but I've forgotten what it was.

I am currently on the "wait 25 years and hope you die before the taxes are due" plan.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a "Decade" thing. As in those who went to school is this particular decade are not ever going to be able to pay off thier student loan. Which presidential plan should we blame it on?

(I'm not even sure I remember my college years let alone who was president.)

Maybe we should take a poll of all those people on the ICR plan and have loan payments that are more than they make a month. (or would have if they weren't on the plan.)

hmm...there's an idea. Anyone know where I can get a government grant to study this?? (or would that be redundant and audacious?)

Lady Ianna, is in a highly sarcastic and ignoble mood.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us