The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Real Estate Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-namkato-i-do-hope-it-works-out-for-both-sides-23746870.aspx

Subject:  Re: GA Deal I'm working... Date:  2/23/2006  2:58 PM
Author:  Dwdonhoff Number:  7660 of 14302

Hi Namkato,

I do hope it works out for both sides.
Cool, me too ;~)

I a 100% LTV with a neg-am is often trouble.

I'd agree, and suggest the reason is lack of understanding of those who choose to use it. Such a lack is usually due to the borrower being incapable (uneducated) to understand AND/OR (more often) a combination of the loan originator not understanding and/or not caring.

The Fed has come out with suggestions for lenders to tighten up lending STANDARDS, including abolishing both 100% LTV and neg-ams. Not long after their strong suggestions, WAMU laid off 2500 loan officers, and there have been numerous other layoffs.

??? Are you saying you think WaMu laid off 2500 loan officers because of 100% NegAm loans (which WAMU doesn't even offer)???

Please explain...

Maybe higher loan STANDARDS and lower loan volume go hand in hand.

Would standards that better micro-fit borrower's risks to lenders be included in the "higher" determination? Because this improvement has been one of the strongest reasons for the INCREASE in loan volume.

Good luck.

Much appreciated... I'll take all I can get.

Cheers,
Dave
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us