The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/case-in-point-i-currently-work-as-a-process-23759203.aspx

Subject:  Re: On SeattlePioneer Date:  2/26/2006  1:40 PM
Author:  dianakalt Number:  1239 of 40251

Case in point: I currently work as a process architect for my company, with a specific focus on figuring out how to integrate various processes into our CRM system. I have many contacts within various CRM implementation consulting firms. However, I know from past experience and the experience of friends that while consulting jobs in my field can be downright lucrative, there is also a significant risk of being laid off due to lack of projects.

So do you spend every opportunity warning anyone who will listen to avoid consulting jobs at all cost?

No. However, I do warn people who would likely find the consequences of taking a consulting job unacceptable to avoid consulting jobs.

That said, I do not believe SP does the analagous either. He finds plenty of other topics to talk about, he has genuine convictions. I sometimes disagree with him, but am intelligent enough to consider the entire body of his work rather than labeling him a misogynist and a child-hater like some would do.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us