The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/lieberman-and-folks-like-you-its-his-choice-and-23773378.aspx

Subject:  Re: Republicans for Lieberman Date:  3/1/2006  11:17 AM
Author:  AngelMay Number:  904304 of 2349106

Lieberman and folks like you. It's his choice and you folks aren't driving him out of the party nearly as forcefully as you need. Let him know that if he isn't going to march in lockstep with you folks, he just isn't welcome. This thread started out with something about some Republicans supporting him in his upcoming election. Put up another candidate, get on the phone, raise money, don't re-nominate him as your Democratic candidate for Senate.

I've already written him my own letter asking him to leave the Democratic party. However, since I live clear across the country from CT, I doubt seriously that anything I say will have much impact. It will be the local Democrats who will decide whom to nominate. If they want him, fine. Nationally, we can do without him. We would LIKE to do without him. So what is your problem? We invite you to take him! What's holding you up? You want him.... he's yours! Enjoy. I'm sure he will make a loyal Republican.....until the next opportunity arises that catches his fancy....

AM

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us