The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Convince me to put money into a ROTH Date:  3/28/2006  6:02 PM
Author:  mulesnx Number:  50767 of 90548

Ineligible: If you exceed the income limitations for a Roth IRA, consider partial contributions, and putting the balance in a Traditional IRA. Your contributions will not be tax deductible, however you will still benefit from the potential of tax-deferred growth

I just noticed that if you make over a certain amount of money that you are ineligible for ROTH accounts. I do not currently, but plan on making more money that allowed for a ROTH account. Would it be foolish to invest now if I will not be allowed to contribute within a couple of years?

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us