The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Self Directed Fidelity IRA Date:  4/4/2006  8:52 AM
Author:  downisland Number:  50886 of 100168

Yes Lethean I am transferring all the corporate bonds "in kind" to Fidelity. Fidelity will hold them till they mature for no fee and will collect the interest and figure my MRD each year. I may put my BRKA into a seperate Fidelity taxable account, thanks for telling me about registering it in my name, and then, with the minimum required distribution money coming out of the Inherited IRA account ($13,000 per year), I will buy some stocks in my taxable account.
Three of my siblings have their inheritance money in actively managed stock portfolios. They all seem to have between 80-100 stocks, frequent trades, etc. It will be fun to compare performance and fees.
I will probably stick to index funds and TIPS in the Inherited IRA account and get a little bolder with individual stock picking in my taxable account. I have a love/hate relationship with WMT right now and two mutual funds that I think I like right now are FBALX and CAAPX. I will also look into Fairholme. Thanks.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us