The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/when-i-pass-on-i-want-my-will-to-read-being-of-24052725.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement question about the tax cuts Date:  5/3/2006  12:50 AM
Author:  OldOne Number:  10499 of 21383

When I pass on I want my will to read, “Being of sound mind I spent all I could.”

Michael:

I agree with everything else you said, but I would like to leave a financial legacy which can be passed down to future generations, rather than spending it all before I go.

Many companies are no longer offering pensions, and our children may not have the opportunities that DW and I were able to capitaize on.

Plus, I view retirement as no longer working for someone else. While I may not "work" in the traditional sense of 40 hours per week, I fully intend to continue with investing and "positive economic activities" such as small scale real estate development.

I am certain that there are people who feel their retirement is good if they can survive without working and have lots of spare time. I have to be more active and purposeful in my life.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us