The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Aspiring Writers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/im-only-at-8k-wordsand-maybe-30-done-if-that-i-24081577.aspx

Subject:  Re: Back for a minute-some O/T, some not.. Date:  5/9/2006  7:59 PM
Author:  ghdude Number:  4206 of 4871

I'm only at 8K wordsand maybe 30% done-if that. I need a pick me up-I've read about finisinhg a novel in 30 days. That's probably the timeframe of a deadline I'm looking at.
Any help is appreciated.

I'm not trying to win any races, but my method seems to keep me on task and moving along. Instead of a word goal, I basically tell myself I'm going to work for 3 pages. I don't edit at all except for when I got really stuck and had to do something other than just stare at my computer. Anyway, if you have some more time now, I don't see any reason you could pick that pace up to 9-10 pages a day.

I think maybe because I just naturally like order and structure, setting definitive daily work expectations for myself, I keep moving along. I've broken this rule once but I also make sure to call it a night once my goal has been met. That way I won't burn out.

Derek
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us