The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/let-us-imagine-i-go-to-the-same-pharmacy-that-i-24089840.aspx

Subject:  Re: Today's Topic Date:  5/11/2006  12:35 PM
Author:  DizChick Number:  3559 of 40285

Let us imagine I go to the same pharmacy that I use to fill Drug A every month. The pharmacist looks at his computer and discovers that Drug A and Drug B taken together are deadly.

The pharmacist approaches me and informs me of his discovery. Being in a hurry, tired, an antsy five year old at my side and generally bitchy, I tell him "yeah whatever... I'm sure my doctor knows what he's doing, give me the pills".

In this instance the pharmacist does have the ethical obligation to withhold the prescription. I believe dispensing this drug would open the pharmacist to negligence charges (though I could be wrong).

It's also a pharmacists job to double check all drug interactions. They are the last line of defense before the customer potentially takes a deadly drug combo.

It's not their job to impose their religious or reproductive beliefs on anyone else. Could you imagine a pharmacy not stocking condoms because they promote promiscuity?

DizChick
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us