The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Borg-Warner Automotive

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-dont-think-it-has-to-do-with-international-24152845.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tim Manganello Date:  5/26/2006  12:05 PM
Author:  Wradical Number:  52 of 62

...I don't think it has to do with international diversification. In prepping for the interview, I learned that 50% of the firm's sales come from just four companies: the Detroit Big Three & Volkswagen.

Given that, I think it's even more of a wonder that they're doing so well, with relatively little of their business coming from Japan, Korea, etc.

Fool on!
Rich

They give slightly different percentages projected for 2006 in the pie chart on page 10. And there they state that 75% comes from non-North America Big 3 sales.

Not necessarily a contradiction. This would include sales to Daimler Chrysler's European production, as well as GM and Ford. And since they don't list them separately in the percentages, but do include the brand labels in the graphics, (page 11) I would suspect that Volvo, Jaguar, and Mazda are included in the Ford total, just as Mercedes-Benz would be included in Daimler-Chrysler.

And they list their production facilites and tech. centers, including
18 in Europe and 12 in Asia.

Bill

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us